Episode 19: Bebo Mia Inc. & Entrepreneurship for Birth Workers
Hello friends! How are you? If you’re listening to this episode later, it’s airing end of March 2020, right in the middle of this CORVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
I live in Oregon where we are currently under a stay at home order, but we’ve been self quarantined for a couple of weeks already with plenty more ahead of us. Life feels turned upside down, and yet we’re healthy and have a comfortable home and food and toilet paper and feel blessed while still in the middle of dealing with everything. It is currently manifesting in my body by tension in my jaw and neck. I’m a jaw clencher when stress is looking for a physical way to manifest it self, so I’m working on paying attention to those areas of my body.
How is your body? How is your mind? How is your business?
We’re in the middle of a thriving business series on the podcast, and I feel mixed emotions about that timing of it. I plan out, and record these episodes often months in advance. I’m a planner and I like to have my little pile of prerecorded episodes so I don’t feel extra pressure or feel like I’m trying to beat a deadline. Because of that, this episode and several other episodes were recorded before this virus hit, so we don’t acknowledge this crazy real factor in the episode because it hadn’t been a reality yet.
I’m continuing with these episodes because of several reasons. We still have businesses, even amidst the craziness that is our lives right now. We still need to pay our bills and attempt to to serve our clients which now seems so very complicated. I would say that we need business coaching, encouragement and community more than ever.
And that’s why I’m excited for todays episode. I had the awesome opportunity to chat with Natasha and Bianca from Bebo Mia, Inc.
Bebo Mia Inc. is a training & mentorship organization for women in the maternal health field, including pregnancy/birth professionals, childbirth educators & parenting specialists. They offer comprehensive skills, business support & community care through an innovative online structure that spans a global market. Bebo Mia offers opportunities for women to work from home while making an income for themselves and their families. They develop inclusive, accessible trainings for women that provide the skills needed to grow & sustain a lucrative business. Bebo Mia remains fiercely committed to their original mission that was developed in 2008: To connect women to their intrinsic value and power.
This conversation was fun, powerful and encouraging. I so hope your find some empowered vision for your business from these powerhouses! I know I left the conversation feeling more able and confident. We laughed, shared stories and heard a lot of wisdom.
In this episode we covered:
- How did Bebo Mia come to be!
- When they first launched their doula careers, how they transitioned into running their own business?
- Once birth workers and business training
- Money and birth work!
- Discussing guilt and overwhelm in connection to money
- Believing in your work without looking for outside approval
- Mental wellness with business
- Processing the guilt that comes with being a caring person who wants to also needs to money
- The work that we do allows us to uncover how we are oppressed by a system that exploits our caring work and how we can break free from this to create a better life for ourselves
- Learning to believe how much power we have inside us to create change both in our life and in the birth world
- Learning to ask for when we need.
- If we can see ourselves for what we really are, strong and whole and powerful, we can start to take up the space we need to have the life we want!
Such powerful topics were covered! I hope you were encouraged and given some hope from that conversation!
Now if you’re in a space where you need some extra community and encouragement, I highly recommend you head on over to Bebo Mia and check out all they have to offer. If you are drawn to some of their amazing resources, they have offered my listeners an exclusive coupon code: THRIVING10.
Thank you so much for your service and bravery, especially in this time in history. Keep moving forward, the world needs you in all your power without giving into fear. We’re in this together. I’m here cheering you on as we navigate this new normal together! Talk to you next week!