Episode 24: Let's Breakdown the Period - Movement Edition
Hey friends! Today I’m digging into a topic we covered last week with the AMAZING Nicole Jardim ( if you haven’t had a chance to listen, jump on over to that episode after this one, as it’s a perfect complement to this one) but from my angle of the movement perspective. We’re going to get all science-y, understand biologically how a period works, and what movement has to do with any of it! Then we’ll discuss why blood flow through movement in the pelvis can have a dramatic positive effect!
In this episode I cover:
- Basic anatomical understanding of what happens during a functional period
- Basic anatomical understanding of ways the period can not go as smoothly
- How 50-80% of women have primary dysmenorrhea and what it is
- How a period is a movement of blood on many different layers and levels
- How does movement play into all of this
- I guide you through a pelvic mobility exploration sequence
And more! This was a fun podcast to record! Do you like getting all science-y with me? Do you have any specific questions on how movement can support biological functions? Send me an email, and I'd love to answer you questions in an upcoming podcast!
If you're wanting to move your pelvis and get healthy blood flow to the whole body, sign up for my 4 Week Online Strong and Functional Pelvic Floor and Core Series! I just finished up a series and am launching a second because it went so well! I've heard so many of my clients loved it and so here is your or your clients chance to join in on the fun!