Episode 6: Interview with Annemarie Everett and Haley Shevener from PopUpLift
In this episode I get the chance to chat with the incredible ladies from PopUpLift!
Annemarie Everett, DPT. WCS is a pelvic floor physical therapist who works primarily with perinatal clients. Haley Shevener, CSCS, is a perinatal exercise specialist and mom with POP (Pelvic Organ Prolapse). Annemarie and Haley share a passion for evidence-guided information, supportive resources and community. Together, they formed POP UP with the intension of changing the narrative on POP.
To address their mission, Annemarie and Haley collectively put their experience, knowledge, skills, passion, empathy and humor into an online course that is aimed at giving YOU the tools for manage your POP and regain confidence!
Topics covered in this episode:
- How they want to influence the narrative around Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)
- What was the narrative you were hearing/experiencing that you wanted to change?
- Discussing vocabulary choices when we discuss POP.
- Fear with POP- in movement, with sex, with normal life
- "I wish someone would have told me……" What they wished they would have learned and heard.
- We touch on what its like or our kids growing up with mom in pelvic floor work!
- Is prolapse reversible?
- What their thoughts on the word ‘safe’ when we’re talking about POP
- Fear in professionals who work with people with POP, fear of hurting or making them worse and what to do about it.
Find More information about PopUpLift and their incredible programs check them out at https://www.popuplifting.com
I've created a Pelvic Floor 101 Guide. Practical reminders and shifts anyone can take to help strengthen and improve the function of your pelvic floor.
Also mentioned in this episode is my Self Care for Birth Workers in person workshop. Happening February 8th, 2020 4-6 PM. All the details can be found here.